I lived in Manhattan, KS with my wife for a year and a half. During that time, I wrote occasionally for The Hype Weekly, which is the town’s alternative weekly. Here are those pieces:
- Leaning on my Philadelphian roots, I wrote about the cheesesteaks around the Little Apple and how they stacked up to an authentic one from Philly. If you like this article, you should check out my web site Better Than Geno’s?, which was inspired by all of the cheesesteaks I saw offered throughout Kansas.
- A review of the Alamo Drafthouse theater that opened in Kansas City, MO.
- An article about beer apps for smartphones, written in advance of the town’s Oktoberfest event.
- I profiled Sarah Cunnick and her awesome record store, Sisters of Sound.
- Finally, I wrote about the experience of using social movie site Tugg.com.